Here's my quick break-down of what I like about it:
- Playing in the NFL opener on Thursday night, September 8 against the Saints will be fantastic. I'm always so psyched for that first featured game of the season, and to have it at Lambeau will be awesome. Already pondering how I could get back for that game.
- Our first 7 games are Saints, Broncos and Rams at home, and Panthers, Bears, Falcons and Vikings away. Broncos, Rams, Panthers and Vikings should all be wins, and feel like we could easily go 2-1 against the Saints, Bears and Falcons. That would get us off to a 6-1 or 5-2 start.
- We get our bye at week 8, nice and close to mid-season.
- We're playing the AFC West, and I just don't think they're that good (only division I'd prefer would be NFC West). Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers all feel like likely wins.
- We get to play the Lions on Thanksgiving day. Love getting the Thanksgiving day game.
- We finish the second half of the season with 5 out of 8 games at home -- including all three divisional opponents, and our final two games of the season at Lambeau against the Bears and Lions. Should set us up for a strong finish.